Last Updated: September 25, 2019
This policy will encapsulate the below information and is intended to follow the GDPR compliance standards.
What Information We Collect
We collect information about you in connection with your registration, use, purchase or inquiries about our services. (See heading “Personal Data MGME Collects”)
How We Use Your Information
We use your information to provide our services, process payments, operate our websites, market products and services, create business insights and comply with law. (See heading “How MGME Collects and Uses Personal Data”)
How We Share Your Information
We have a contract with your employer or meeting/travel sponsor, who is a corporate client of MGME, and we share your information with them, as well as travel suppliers and vendors to book travel arrangements and provide our services. We do not sell or share information with third parties so that they can independently market their own products or services directly to you. (See heading “Who Does MGME Disclose Personal Data to and Why”)
We transfer your information outside of your home country, only when required, as permitted by law. Regardless of where your personal data is transferred, your personal data is protected in accordance with our Data Protection and Privacy Principles. (See heading “Does MGME Disclose Personal Data Across Borders”)
You have the right to be informed of whether we are processing your information and to access, correct, delete or object, upon request and free of charge, to our use of your information, to the extent required by law. (See heading “What Are My Rights With Respect to My Personal Data”)
If you have questions about this privacy statement, please use our contact us page at www.mcveigh.com/contact-us
Personal Data MGME Collects
In the course of providing its Services, MGME collects, uses and discloses PII / personal data. PII / Personal data is any information that can be used to identify you or that we can link to you. You, as traveler, meeting attendee or user of the Services, may be asked to provide certain personal data when you use our Services, including, without limitation:
- Names and contact information (work/office/home/mobile phone, fax, email/physical/mailing address);
- Traveler/attendee arranger and emergency contact names and information;
- Traveler/attendee preferences and trip/meeting details (e.g. routings, class of service, seat preferences, frequent flyer data, meal preferences, hotel/rail/car and other ground transportation membership data and preferences, special accommodation requests, other personal data supplied by you via your profiles, surveys, or other requests);
- Travel documentation (e.g. passport/visa/driver’s license number, TSA number, citizenship, date of birth, gender identity/sexual orientation, or the like);
- Payment data (corporate or personal credit cards) and Bank information; and
- Logins, User IDs, Employee Identifications, Passwords, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and browsing history/information.
How MGME Collects and Uses Personal Data
MGME collects personal data:
- From you, directly, when you access various parts of our Services, including when you communicate with us via email or other channels;
- From other sources, for instance, the company of which you are an employee, customer or are otherwise traveling or attending a meeting on behalf of (“Company”), including such Company’s third parties who may send us your personal data on your behalf or on your Company’s behalf;
- From the network of websites and applications accessible through or utilized by our Services and our company, including third party suppliers (e.g. airlines, hotels, payment card providers) and our MGME-related companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, joint ventures, partners, subcontractors and agents. This includes personal data we collect automatically through our websites and applications, for instance by using cookies and similar technologies.
MGME collects and uses personal data to:
- Provide our Services and fulfill our obligations to your Company and travelers/attendees (e.g. complete and administer travel/meeting reservations, assist in managing the travel/meeting, provide reporting, provide notices about your account and the Services, inform you of updates to our websites and applications and other changes to our products or Services);
- Communicate with you, for instance by email, direct mail, social media and phone or via MGME’s websites or applications and to provide you with customer service.
- Fulfill a request made by you or your Company (e.g. reporting, questions, or other requests about your personal data);
- Send you newsletters, marketing emails and other information or materials that may interest you, as well as showing personalized advertisements. Where required, we will obtain your consent before sending such marketing messages or showing personalized advertisements;
- Generate anonymized or aggregated profiles and use such data for reporting and analytic purposes.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce your, our, or other’s rights as we believe reasonably necessary (e.g. billing and collection, fraud prevention, comply with legal obligations, and respond to legal proceedings or requests from legal authorities and law enforcement or other third parties).
Who Does MGME Disclose Personal Data to and Why?
Personal data collected is shared with or disclosed to:
- MGME and its related companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, joint ventures, partners, subcontractors and agents as necessary to fulfill and support the Services, including but not limited to emergency bookings and assistance, ticket issuance, responding to requests and assessing or offering promotions;
- Companies MGME uses to support its business who provide ancillary services (e.g. fulfillment, surveys, storage, statistical analysis, technology, development, credit checks (as applicable));
- Your Company for reporting, auditing, tracking and other purposes as necessary with your Company, including those of its personnel they request we send or make personal data available to;
- Third-party service providers you or your Company request we send personal data to (e.g. providers who secure compensation for delayed, canceled, or overbooked flights on behalf of travelers; safety and tracking information providers; companies providing weather information, travel alerts, and destination content through solutions and tools; entities who collect travel information on behalf of airline carriers for the purpose of such entities forwarding it on to certain airlines for tracking of negotiated fares between airlines and your Company; successor organizations and other travel management companies);
- Third-party service providers to complete travel and attendee arrangements and reservations and fulfill the Services (e.g. Global Distribution Systems (GDS); airlines, trains, rental car and other ground transportation companies, hotels, cruise lines, destination management companies, and other related travel suppliers for booking/ticketing purposes; industry reporting authorities; equipment and technology vendors, including, without limitation, online booking tool providers, meeting registration software providers (including onsite and mobile event management solution providers), and audio visual companies; visa and passport providers; credit card companies and payment collection and processing companies);
Data consolidation companies may also be used by MGME or your Company for the purpose of creating reports and related statistics for benchmarking or other related purposes, including, without limitation, utilizing cumulative statistical data, which may incorporate data acquired from your Company for ordinary business purposes customary in our industry and the Services we provide, but without identifying, directly or indirectly, you or your Company. MGME may be acquired, merge with another business, sell, or liquidate its assets, acquire, or buy other businesses or assets. In such transactions, personal data is generally one of the transferred business assets. In the event of an acquisition, sale, liquidation, or merger, your personal data and non-personal identifying information may be automatically assigned by us in our sole discretion to a third party.
Does MGME Disclose Personal Data Across Borders?
When sharing with or disclosing personal data to other parties, including to MGME’s related companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, joint ventures, partners, subcontractors, and agents who provide Services and maintain facilities, your personal data may be transferred to countries with data protection laws providing a lower standard of protection for your personal data than your country.
How MGME Stores and Protects Personal Data
Typically, MGME stores personal data on its servers managed internally and with third-party storage providers.
MGME uses appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect the personal data MGME holds on its network and systems from unauthorized access, disclosure, destruction and alteration. We conduct periodic reviews of our data collection, storage, processing and security measures to verify we are only collecting, storing and processing personal data that is required for our Services and to fulfill our contractual obligations. While we make every effort to protect the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee, ensure, or warrant that our security measures will prevent illegal or unauthorized activity related to your personal data. When using our Services, you should be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Although we strive to protect your personal data, we do not warrant the security of any data and information that you transmit to us over the Internet and you do so at your own risk.
In order to protect your personal data, we kindly ask you to not send us credit card information or other similar personal data to us via email. We also encourage you to keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. If you are sharing a computer with anyone, you should log out before leaving a site or service to protect access to your password and personal data from subsequent users. Please alert us immediately if you believe your password or any of your personal data has been misused. Please note, we will never ask you to disclose your password or credit card information in an unsolicited phone call or email.
How Long Does MGME Keep My Personal Data?
Links to Third-Party Websites and Services
How MGME Handles “Do Not Track” Requests
How MGME Uses “Cookies” and Other Similar Technologies
Does MGME Collect Personal Data of Children?
MGME does not knowingly collect personal data from children. Individuals under 18 years of age should not use our Services to submit any personal data about themselves.
What Are My Rights With Respect to My Personal Data?
You may choose what personal data (if any) you wish to provide to us. However, if you choose not to provide certain details, your experience with some or all of our Services may be affected.
To the extent required by applicable law, you have the right to access your personal data and confirm the processing of your personal data. Also, where applicable, you have the right to rectify inaccuracies or errors, erase, restrict the processing, object to processing and withdraw consent to processing of your personal data, and where applicable, the right to data portability of your personal data. MGME will handle such requests in the time specified by applicable law and where permitted by applicable law, may charge a reasonable administrative fee to cover the costs of responding to any such request.
How Can I Exercise My Rights or Make Complaints?
For data subjects within the EMEA region, please contact us as follows:
McVeigh Global Meetings and Events
Attn: Legal & Privacy Department
Address: 209 West 40th Street Suite 201
City/State/Zip: New York, NY 10018
Email: [email protected]
For data subjects within the Americas or APAC regions, please contact us as follows:
McVeigh Global Meetings and Events
Attn: Legal & Privacy Department
Address: 209 West 40th Street Suite 201
City/State/Zip: New York, NY 10018
Email: [email protected]
MGME will respond to your requests to the email address or phone number that you have registered with us or we otherwise have on file for you or any other suitable method. Depending on your request, we may review the request with you and/or your Company to assist in resolving and responding to the request.
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern you may have about our use of your personal data. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you may have the right to make a complaint to the data protection authority in your country (if one exists in your country).
Last Updated: September 25, 2019
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small data file sent by our website onto your computer, tablet, Smartphone or similar device each time you use the device to visit our website. Cookies mean that the next time you visit the website our system recognizes your device. A cookie itself contains no personal data and does not collect any personal data. Cookies can store user settings and other information.
You can adjust the settings of your browser to either reject all cookies or to alert you when a cookie is sent. However, some functions or services on the site may not be available or may not run properly without cookies.
How Long Are Cookies Stored?
Cookies are stored either on your hard disk (permanent cookie) or in your computer RAM (session cookie).
Session cookies are generated by our website when you start your visit and contain a randomly generated individual ID number allocated to your computer. These cookies become invalid and are deleted as soon as you close your browser.
Wherever possible, we use permanent cookies whose validity does not automatically extinguish when you close the browser. These cookies are stored in your device and remain in place for as long as they are valid or are deleted. Each time you visit our website, the website then identifies any cookies stored on your device.
Who Exactly Stores Cookies on Your Device?
Any cookies sent by MGME, as the site operator, and stored on your device are designated “first-party cookies”. Some cookies may be placed by other parties; these are then designated “third party cookies”. First party cookies are those cookies which are associated with the host name. Third party cookies are cookies from other domains. If for example you visit our website www.example1.com and we also display contents from www.example2.com, the cookies from example1.com are first party cookies and cookies uploaded by example2.com are third party cookies.
Cookies on this Website
Our website generates session ID cookies. These are necessary to run some of the interactive elements on our website. These cookies contain a randomly generated number
which is allocated to your device and is used to distinguish you from other visitors to our site. Session cookies are also used to personalize/optimize the functionalities offered by our website.
Content Management and Navigation
The content management tool generates first party cookies. These are session cookies which we use to record settings of the website language and other functionalities.
Third Party Cookies
Flash cookies (Flash Local Shared Objects)
“Local shared objects” are data elements stored by sites on your device which use Adobe Flash. MGME for example may use the YouTube Flash player to provide video content. The embedded YouTube player generates and updates a flash cookie (LSO). We have no direct control over the use of the data stored in this object by YouTube. For more information please refer to YouTube’s data protection guidelines. Handling is regulated directly by the provider. You can access the storage settings for domain flash player from here.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses text files, “cookies”, which are stored on your device and which enable analysis of the web pages you have used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of our site is generally transferred to a Google server located in the USA where the data is stored. In the event of the activation of IP anonymization on this site your IP address will be transferred to the USA location and if you are located within the European member states or in other contractual states of the European Economic Area Treaty be previously abbreviated. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server located in the USA, where it will then be abbreviated. Working in accordance with a contract with the operator of this website, Google will use that information to evaluate your use of the website to generate a report about site activities and other usage of the site and other services associated with internet usage for delivery to the website operator. The IP address transferred by the user in connection with Google Analytics will not be added/aggregated with other data by Google.
You can prevent the storage of cookies by making appropriate adjustments to the settings of your browser; we would, however, point out that if you make such changes, you will not have full access to all functions of this site. You can prevent collection of data by Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. This sets an optout cookie which will prevent future collection of your data when visiting this site: deactivate Google Analytics.
For more general information about Google Analytics and data protection please visit https://support.google.com/analytics/topic/2919631. We would point out that on this site, Google Analytics has been extended with the function code “gat_anonymizeIp();” to guarantee anonymized collection of IP addresses (a process known as IP masking).
This website uses marketing automation technology to collect data on visitor behavior. The data is collected for use in marketing and optimization. Some visitor data is saved using an anonymous user ID and can be used to aggregate a usage profile. Cookies may be used for this purpose. Cookies are small text files that are stored in the visitor’s local browser cache. It is possible to use these cookies to recognize a visitor’s browser.
The data collected by the marketing automation technology will not be used to determine the personal identity of a website visitor and will not be compiled with personal data relating to the person referred to by the IP address, unless the visitor opts in by completing a form, provided by the marketing automation technology, or clicking a link in an email, thereby agreeing. Once the visitor opts in by providing their name, email address or other information, the IP address and the history associated with it is matched with the new information to create their profile. This information is used only by us to provide specific marketing information to the visitor. We do not share this information with anyone but the marketing automation tool, where the information is stored. The collection and storage of data may be revoked at any time with respect to future services by blocking the marketing automation tool´s cookies in your browser settings.
Cookie Management on Your Device
More information about how you can manage and/or delete cookies is available under
Changes and Customer Requests
MGME is continuously checking its websites for currently used cookies and will announce changes on each affected website. If you have questions about cookies and their use by MGME please contact us, using [email protected]. Please provide us with your contact information, the name of the relevant MGME website or Services and a detailed description of your request.
Cookies and Categories
MGME uses a number of different cookies which can be allocated to the following categories: “functional”, “statistics” and “advertising”.
Functional cookies store your settings and are necessary for best functioning of services and third-party services integrated on this site. By blocking or deleting cookies, parts of the site or third-party provider services will not be available.
Statistic cookies are used to gain a better understanding of user behavior and to improve user experience when using MGME content. Blocking and deleting such cookies will mean your data can no longer be used to improve your website experience.
Advertising cookies are placed in order to optimize ad pages seen when you visit our website.